Minogue Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Gentlewoman of the Year - GQ Germany 2013
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:44 pm by GeItUpYa

» Kylie joins Nick Cave on stage in London for duet, November 3, 2013
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 pm by dylwys

» Malware on sayhey
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm by Admin

» Lead single is officially called “Get It Up Ya“
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 pm by Admin

» Are you also a Dannii's fan
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 pm by Minoguesistersfan

» Kylie Minogue Moonlights as Monocle Receptionist, October 20, 2011
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:47 pm by dylwys

» Aphrodite Les Folies - Live In London - DVD / Blu-ray Disc - TRACKLISTING
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 am by dylwys

» A look behind the scenes at the current Kylie Aphrodite Tour
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 am by dylwys

» Soweto Gospel Choir welcomes Kylie Minogue - Junly 7, 2011
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:16 pm by Admin

» Kylie Social Media Stats Presentation
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 pm by Admin

» sayhey is down again
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:17 pm by dylwys

» Interview with Tony Testa - Kylie Minogue's Choreographer
Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:06 am by Pixelpeter

Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury

2 posters

Go down

Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  Empty Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury

Post by DMK Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Kylie Minogue has made her Glastonbury Festival debut as a guest with Scissor Sisters on the main Pyramid Stage.

The pop star was due to headline the event in 2005 but pulled out when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Kylie appeared for one song as a surprise guest to help celebrate the festival's 40th anniversary.

Another unexpected star appeared later, when U2 guitarist The Edge played with headliners Muse. U2 had been due to play but were forced to pull out.

Festivalgoers have been enjoying blazing sunshine rather than the customary rain and mud.

More than 2,100 people have been treated by the festival medical team - many for dehydration and sunburn.

Two people died after suffering heart attacks on site on Friday night.

On stage, Kylie joined Scissor Sisters to sing Any Which Way, a track from the group's new album Night Work.

"We heard a rumour on the radio," said one fan, Scott Rees, 27, from Pontypool, Wales.

"It's nice to see her on the stage because she was supposed to play a few years ago. I thought it was good for the anniversary."

'Absolutely brilliant'

Alan Miles, 23, from Southampton, said: "I was very surprised because I was completely not expecting it.
DMK
DMK

Back to top Go down

Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury  Empty Re: Kylie Minogue makes debut at Glastonbury

Post by Admin Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Pop princess Kylie Minogue has finally performed at Glastonbury - five years after her cancer battle forced her to pull out.

Kylie Minogue appears as a guest with the Scissor Sisters on the Pyramid Stage during the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset

Kylie Minogue performs on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury

When she walked on stage at the famous music festival she raised the biggest roar of the weekend from the crowd.

The Australian star joined US disco group Scissor Sisters to sing Any Which Way.

Looking emotional but happy, the former Neighbours actress did not speak directly to the crowd but did wave and blow kisses.

The 42-year-old performed an energetic dance routine with Scissor Sisters singers Ana Matronic and Jake Shears.

When she left the stage in Somerset, she kissed Shears and said to him "remember this".

They should have given Kylie U2's headline slot.

Kylie Minogue fan Rosie North

In 2005, Minogue was due to headline but had to cancel when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Fans Jim and Lynne Dobson, from Coventry, were delighted to have finally seen her on Glastonbury's famous Pyramid Stage.

Mrs Dobson said: "In 2005 we really wanted to see Kylie but obviously she was not on. When we heard a rumour that she would be performing we couldn't believe it.

"I love Scissor Sisters as well so it was the perfect combination."

Rosie North, 29, from York, only wished Minogue had sung more songs.

"They should have given Kylie U2's headline slot. She would have got the crowd going whereas Gorillaz were a bit flat," she said.

"That short appearance was the highlight so far for me. She gets everyone singing and dancing. It was crackers near the front when she came on."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://minoguemania.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down